How to Give Back During COVID-19
One of the things that we love most about H-Town is how incredibly generous the people of this city are, especially during times of tragedy. Stepping-up is in our nature and it’s times like this that we come together and make a big impact. That’s why we wanted to put together a list of resources that you can utilize in an effort to give back!
- Volunteer or donate to local Houston charities in need of extra help— Whether it’s assembling lunches for those in need, delivering meals, food donations, a monetary gift, or even donating blood—a little goes a long way. These charities are still operating while being sure to socially distance volunteers and keep the environment safe!
- Support your local community essential workers— Grocery store clerks, trash and recycling collectors, medical staff, childcare providers, and postal employees are just a few of those considered essential Right now, they need our support more than ever! Whether it’s a neighbor, friend or acquaintance, be sure to reach out to them and ask how you can support them during this time. Something as simple as helping with chores, errands or even just being there to listen, could make all the difference to them!
- Support small businesses—Small businesses will be among the most impacted during the COVID-19 outbreak. Determine what local businesses are still open and support them however you can! For instance, your favorite local restaurant may not be able to offer in-house seating, however, they may be offering curb-side to go—the same goes for coffee shops and other food industry related businesses. An additional way to support local is to purchase gift cards to be used in the future!
- Learn more about North Texas Cares—This organization (made-up of North Texas foundations and United Ways) supports nonprofits seeking emergency funds by making the online application process as streamlined as possible. If you know of any nonprofits looking for support during this time, North Texas Cares is a great resource that’s available to them!
- Become a pet foster home— Local animal shelters are limited in space and resources right now and they are not actively adopting out pets due to fewer people visiting shelters! Animal shelters across multiple counties are in need of people to foster pets on a temporary, emergency basis. Visit the link above for specific contact information based on your county and to discover how you can get involved!
At Amazing Spaces, we want to support our local community and its members as much as possible, so if there is anything we can do to help and support you during this time, please reach out to us! If you are a non-profit, we encourage you to apply for a donation or sponsorship. All Amazing Spaces properties are open during our normal business hours and our incredible team is ready to assist you. While we wish we could shake your hand, or even give you a hug, know we will still put our hearts into every interaction to make it amazing. Call us at 281-378-4343 to learn more!