Going Trick Or Treating? Here’s Some Safety Tips!
Halloween Safety Tips from Amazing Spaces
When can you walk down a street and see a pirate, a princess, a minion, and a talking dog all at once? Why, on Halloween, of course! Halloween is that spooky time of year when kids and adults can transform themselves into anyone or anything they want! Amazing Spaces wants to ensure your Halloween is full of fun, but safe memories. We’ve compiled a list of Halloween Safety tips from the United States Government for you all to reference to ensure your day is filled with only the best of spooky wonder! Be as safe and secure as an Amazing Spaces Storage Unit!
- Make sure your children’s costume does not contain anything that could hurt himself/herself or others.
- All swords and novelty weapons should be flexible and soft – you don’t want to poke anyone’s eye out on Halloween – that’s one trick nobody should be giving out
- This one is a simple one: DON’T go Trick-or-Treating alone – walk in groups or make sure your kids are with a trusted adult
- Examine all treats for choking hazards ad tampering
- It’s also a good idea to limit the number of treats you consume (your dentist will thank you)
- Make sure you bring a flashlight with you when you go Trick-or-Treating so you can see where you’re going and watch out for other people
- Make sure you don’t run from house to house – this could lead to an accident
- When crossing the street, always look both ways!
- Stay on the sidewalk whenever possible!
- If you apply make-up for your costume, test it on a small area of your skin to make sure it doesn’t irritate your skin or eyes
- Only enter homes with trusted adults and only stop at well-lit houses
- DO NOT accept a ride from ay strangers
For more tips on Halloween safety, visit the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at http://www.cdc.gov/family/halloween/.
Amazing Spaces hopes you have an Amazing Halloween this year! Please post pictures of your costume on our Facebook! We love to see everyone dressed up!