Preparing For The Last Minute Move
In a perfect world, you’ll have ample time to prepare for a move. You’d have at least two months to pack all of your valuables, arrange them neatly in one corner of your room and scout for several moving companies. However, you’re not living in a perfect world, life can come fast and you’ll end up having a last minute move. And when this situation does happen, you don’t have any other choice but to ride the waves — you have to move fast. It can be tough to do this but it can be done. Here are some ways you can prepare for the last minute move:
1. Start with the logistics: Moving from one location to another demand a lot of tasks from you. Instead of thinking how you can accomplish all of these tasks in time, consider hiring professionals to do the job for you. Hiring professional help can be a cost-effective solution especially if you’re moving to a big city such as New York. New York is fast-paced so you should also scout for fast-paced NYC moving company, their services, and prices. Movers from NYC can help you pack and transport all your valuables. Since there are many movers from NYC, make sure you pick one which suits your budget and needs. Once you’re able to cross off logistics from your to-do list, everything else can come off easier.
2. Get rid of things which you don’t need: When you’re moving last minute, you won’t have the luxury of time to pack any valuables. This is the reason why you should get rid of things which you don’t need. Go through every room in your house, cabinet, and closet and sort out which items are you still using and which ones are you not using anymore. For ones which you no longer use, decide if you’ll sell, donate or give these. Although it can be tempting to just bring everything you own and sort them once you arrive in the new location, it’s not the best option. You’ll end up paying more moving expenses for items which you don’t need. Plus, these unusable items will only collect dust and take up valuable space of your new home.
3. Put together a moving essentials bag: Things can get very chaotic during the last minute move. Your house will be occupied with the hired help, your moving boxes will be over the place and you’ll have a hard time determining which valuables are already in transport. If you want to ease the stress when this happens, pack your moving essentials bag. This should include your clothes, toiletries, money, medicine, and chargers. This bag should also be packed close to you (in your own vehicle if you have), not in the movers’ vehicle. A moving essentials bag will save you time and energy from going through different moving boxes during the move and once you arrive at the new location.
4. Don’t overthink, just pack: Moving last minute requires you to keep your OCD at bay. You don’t have enough time on your hands which means that you can’t possibly group all of your valuables per theme or use. When packing for a last minute move, remember that your goal is to bring all of your valuables in the new location and ensuring that these are still in good condition the moment you arrive there. Consider the following tips to help you achieve that goal:
- It’s okay to mix different items into one box. Yes, you can pack your kitchen utensils with your board games. As long as your valuables are safe and secured, you’re good to go. You can also skip labeling or color-coding all of your moving boxes but do leave a note in boxes with fragile items inside.You can use soft items such as your socks and towels to wrap any breakable valuables. This packing hack provides a lot of benefits. You’ll be able to bring your valuables safely, save space and save money on packing supplies.When you’re moving last minute, expect that your house will be full of boxes. And while this site is typical whenever moving, seeing a lot of boxes in your home can add up to the stress and might even rush you to do tasks faster. Only set up boxes when you actually need them. Once you’re ready to pack all the valuables in a room, grab a box, fill these, tape it up and move it out of the way. Only start with another box once you’re done with the previous one.
Preparation Is Key
Regardless if you’re moving last minute because of a relocation from work or another career opportunity in the new location, you have to be prepared for it. You just can’t return to your old house once you realized you forgot some of your valuables. Doing this is time-consuming, stressful and expensive especially if you’re moving to another country or state. To help you steer away from this direction, be ready for your last minute move. Use this article as your guide so your move, even if it’s done within limited time, will still run as smooth as possible.
About Amazing Spaces Storage Centers
Amazing Spaces is Houston, Spring, and The Woodlands area’s premier provider of self-storage and moving supplies. Amazing Spaces aims to provide everyone with the most remarkable storage experience possible. The properties offer highly secured storage spaces, fully climatized units, and a customer service experience unlike any other.
Amazing Spaces will be opening its 6th property in the Springwoods ~ Exxon Campus neighborhood in 2018. Learn more about Amazing Spaces and Discover all the Amazing Differences at Amazing Spaces Storage Centers by visiting AmazingSpaces.net.