Quick And Easy Tips For Storing Your Mattress
There are several quick and easy tips for storing your mattress. Having a high-quality bed can cost thousands of dollars, but it’s an important and wise investment since we spend over one-third of our lives sleeping. It’s important to protect mattresses so that they last a long time. Mattresses and box springs can last between 10 to 15 years if they’re properly maintained.
- If you’re thinking about storing your mattresses in a basement, don’t do that. Basements are damp places, and damp places can damage mattresses.
- Be sure to keep mattresses away from sharp objects and pets.
- It’s important that you thoroughly clean mattresses before moving or storing them. You’ll want to use upholstery cleaner, and vacuum both sides of the mattress.
- If you’re moving a bed or placing it in storage, be sure to take the bed apart first. Place all the nuts, screws and bolts in a plastic bag. You’ll want to cover the bed frame, headboard and mattress with old blankets to protect them from dust and dirt while you’re moving and if you’re placing them in storage.
- One of the best investments you can make is purchasing a mattress cover. You’ll want to purchase a light and breathable plastic cover to protect the mattress. Be sure to secure the cover with tape and cover any holes. Mattress covers are inexpensive and can be a huge help.
- When moving a mattress, make sure to utilize clean mattress bags, to ensure they stay pristine throughout all travel and moving activities. These bags are specially designed to fit your mattress and come in every mattress size.
- Be sure to avoid storing anything on the mattress. Storing heavy items on the mattress will cause damage to the mattress material. It may also damage the mattress springs.
- Some storage tips from other websites may tell you to store a mattress on its side, but you shouldn’t do that. Storing a mattress on its side may cause the coils to shift, especially if you’re leaving the mattress in the same position for a long time. If you’re storing your mattress in a storage unit, it’s important that you place it flat on the ground or on other furniture that’s flat. Placing a tarp on the ground before you place your mattress in the storage unit is a great idea.
- After you remove your mattress from the storage unit, you’ll want to sprinkle baking soda on it to remove any odors. Removing the baking soda using a vacuum is the fastest and easiest way.
Amazing Spaces is a premium storage facility in Houston. We have storage units for personal and business use. We also have wine storage, climate controlled storage, RV storage and boat storage. With a variety of storage unit sizes available, we have premium amenities at our facility and the best security. You can rent your unit online right now. Feel free to come visit us or you can call 281-378-4343 if you have any questions. We’ll make sure that your mattress is properly maintained.
About Amazing Spaces Storage Centers
Amazing Spaces is Houston, Spring, and The Woodlands areas premier provider of self-storage and moving supplies. Amazing Spaces aims to provide everyone with the most remarkable storage experience possible. The properties offer highly secured storage spaces, fully acclimatized units, and a customer service experience unlike any other.
Amazing Spaces will be opening its 6th property in the Springwoods ~ Exxon Campus neighborhood in 2018. Learn more about Amazing Spaces and Discover all the Amazing Differences at Amazing Spaces Storage Centers by visiting AmazingSpaces.net.