Christmas Activities in Houston
Now that Thanksgiving is over, it’s time to focus on making 2019 the most amazing Christmas ever! ‘Tis the season for all of the holiday fun and we’re here for it! Check-out our “must do” list for the best activities for the whole family!
- Dickens on the Strand—(Dec. 6 – Dec. 8, 2019) You won’t want to miss the 46th annual Dickens on the Strand event, presented by the Galveston Historical Foundation. Take a step back in time and enjoy this must-see holiday tradition. Dickens on The Strand is based on 19th-century Victorian London, and features parades, non-stop entertainment, and roaming characters throughout the festival. Costumed vendors peddle their wares from street stalls and rolling carts laden with holiday food and drink, Victorian-inspired crafts, clothing, jewelry, holiday decorations, and gift items. Children 6 and under are FREE, it’s fun for the entire family!
- Reliant Lights Mayor’s Holiday Spectacular—(November 30, 2019) Join the city in celebrating this 100th annual tradition of the holiday tree lighting at Hermann Square at City Hall. The public is invited to bring a new, unwrapped toy to the Reliant booth at the Reliant Lights Mayor’s Holiday Spectacular to help make the holidays brighter for a child this season. Everyone who brings a toy will receive a light-up Santa hat from Reliant. The annual toy drive benefits the Salvation Army Greater Houston Area Command.
- Very Merry Pops by the Houston Symphony—Enjoy your holiday favorites with the Houston Symphony! Former Principal Pops Conductor Michael Krajewski returns for a few, exclusive concert showings—snag your tickets now before they’re gone!
- Holiday on 19th Street—(December 6, 2019) Head on over to the historic Houston Heights district and begin your holiday shopping! This annual, holiday event includes exploring the shopping district, live music, in-store features, cocktails, Santa, and real snow!
- Ice at Discovery Green— Starting November 16 through January 27, you can skate every day at Discovery Green. Special events are held regularly as well. Admission is just $11 per person at the gate.
- Moody Gardens Ice Land & Festival of Lights— November 17 through January 6, you can get a load of eight special holiday attractions at Moody Gardens. Ice Land, Festival of Lights, Ice Skating, Train Rides, photos with Santa, and much more. If you’re looking to save a few bucks, Sundays are value days and you can save at least $5 per person! It’s a great place to see Christmas lights!
- Zoo Lights—Our favorite zoo gets dressed up for the holidays! Opening day is November 17th but you can expect huge crowds. Go after Prime Day but before the end of the exhibit for the best viewing. Tickets are separate from Zoo entry and start at $17.95. The exhibit runs through January 13.
Happy holidays from our family to yours! May you enjoy all of these holiday traditions as much as we do!