Easy Thanksgiving Organization Tips
Thanksgiving is a time to be thankful and enjoy the company of family and friends – not a day to feel stressed and overwhelmed! If you’re hosting at your home, however, you may identify more with stress than relaxation. We’ve compiled a list below of some handy tips to keep your Thanksgiving organized and stress-free. Now you can enjoy the holiday with loved ones without giving it a second thought!
A Week before Thanksgiving:
- Do a deep cleaning of your home- You will only have to do light touch-ups the day before!
- Make lists –A few examples of lists you can make include: a list of your menu items/recipes, a list of all ingredients that you’ll need for these dishes, a list of all guests attending, a list of any allergy and dietary restrictions for your guests.
A Few Days before Thanksgiving:
- Shop early and purchase extra- Do your shopping a few days before Thanksgiving to beat the rush of last-minute shoppers. Also, if you purchase a little more than you need, you won’t have to worry about running out or running to the store again later.
- Plan activities for the kids- If you have kids or have guests who are bringing their kids it may be a good idea to think of a few activities to keep them occupied until the food is ready. Of course, there will be some good Thanksgiving specials on tv but you could also put someone in charge of setting up a crafts table or organizing a game of touch-football.
The Day before Thanksgiving:
- Set the table– Setting the table the day before can be a huge time saver. This is also a great way to make sure you have enough dishes, silverware, etc. for the amount of guests you have.
- If you have a turkey in the freezer, begin the thawing process by placing it in the fridge.
- Make what you can ahead of time- Things like salads, desserts, and some sides can be made and warmed up if necessary. Also, if your guests are in charge of bringing a dish, make sure that everyone knows who’s bringing what- although two bowls of mashed potatoes wouldn’t be so terrible, it’s not very practical.
- Empty the dishwasher early so you can fill it as you go throughout the day
- Set out any appetizers or snacks
- Enjoy the day!!!