- Amazing Blog
- Travel & Lifestyle
- Welcome to Houston—Oh, the wonderful things you will do (and see!)
Welcome to Houston—Oh, the wonderful things you will do (and see!)
Are you new to Houston? This guide is for you!
Did you know…Houston is the nation’s fourth largest city, with a population exceeding 2.3 million residents just in the city alone? Add in 10,000 restaurants representing over 70 countries, 145 different spoken languages, a colossal culture and arts scene, and some of the most beloved sports teams in the nation and you’ll quickly realize why Houston is home to more than 17.5 million visitors each year. Let’s just say, Houston has quite a resume! Check out these fun facts that make the Space City so unique!
Houston is home to…
- The Largest Medical Center in the World— The Texas Medical Center is home to the world’s largest children’s hospital and cancer hospital, with 10 million patient encounters each year, and 180,000+ annual surgeries, which means TMC begins one surgery every 3 minutes.
- The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo—One of the biggest rodeos in the world, this month-long event attracts more than 2.5 million attendees each year. The BBQ cookoff, sold-out concerts, livestock shows, bull riding, games, and delicious food make for an incredibly unique experience that will leave you coming back for more each year.
- The NASA Johnson Space Center— NASA’s Johnson Space Center has served as a hub of human spaceflight activity for more than half a century. It is home to the nation’s astronaut corps, the International Space Station mission operations, the Orion Program, and a host of future space developments. As the center has evolved into one of NASA’s largest research and development facilities, Houston has developed into an aerospace hub.
- Houston Galleria— The 8th largest mall in the US, The Galleria spans 2.4 million square feet and is home to 400 stores and 60 dining options. Not to mention the two high-rise Westin hotels, 3 office towers, and endless amenities. The mall is complete with a full size recreational ice rink, children’s play area, 2 swimming pools, banks, beauty salons and a post office. It is visited by more than 30 million people each year.
- Some of the Best Cultural Arts Districts in Texas— Houston’s nonproﬁt arts and culture industry generated over $1.1 billion in total economic activity in 2017. Houston is one of only a few U.S. cities with resident professional companies in the four disciplines of the performing arts: ballet, opera, symphony and theater. More than 500 institutions are devoted to the performing and visual arts, science and history.
Houston will surely not disappoint and we couldn’t be more proud to call this beautiful place home! We look forward to meeting you at any of our six, amazing locations across Houston!