Memorial Day Weekend in Houston
We’ve compiled a list of some of the best things to do in Houston during Memorial Day Weekend! Take advantage of your long weekend by going to a farmer’s market to shop local goods, attend a block party complete with complimentary snow cones and crawfish, listen to some tunes on the bayou, and much more all while honoring the brave individuals who have served our country.
Friday May 27th
- Midtown Yappy Hour in Bagby Park | FREE – Bring your furry friends to Midtown’s Bagby Park for a pet-friendly yappy hour. 4:30pm to 6:30pm
- Tosca at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion | FREE – Follow the story of a glamorous opera singer during Houston Grand Opera’s performance of Tosca at Miller Outdoor Theatre. This show is for mature audiences. Select seating is free. 8pm.
- Dancing Under the Stars in Sugar Land | FREE – Get your groove on under the stars during this free event led by instructors from the Fred Astaire Dance Studio. 7:30pm-9pm.
Saturday May 28th
- The Woodlands Farmer’s Market | FREE – Featuring vendors selling fresh produce, organic foods, personal care items, coffee, snacks, tamales, baked goods, flowers and plants, and much more! 8am to noon.
- Jazz ‘n’ Blues Brunch at House of Blues – Enjoy soulful jazz music from Preston Smith while chowing down on a buffet of Southern food and sipping on bottomless mimosas. Tickets are $21.99. 11am to 3pm.
- Memorial Weekend Block Party at Fox Hollow | FREE with RSVP – Play giant Jenga, cool off with alcoholic snow cones, partake in the flip cup tournament, enjoy complimentary cotton candy and popcorn, chow down on crawfish, bbq and turkey legs and more during this block party hosted by Fox Hollow. Limited free tickets with RSVP available. 2pm to 8pm.
Sunday May 29th
- The Artisan Market at The Phoenix | FREE to Attend – Shop for art, jewelry, antiques, food and more from local makers and businesses during this market on Westheimer. 11am to 4pm.
- Memorial Day Blowout at White Oak Music Hall – WOMH is hosting an epic Memorial Day weekend show headlined by The Flaming Lips and featuring 9 other national and regional bands. Tickets start at $35. 1pm.
- Bands on the Bayou at Brenner’s | FREE to Attend – Enjoy drink specials and lite bites while listening to live music from The Space Rockers during this event at Brenner’s on the Bayou. 3pm to 6pm.
Monday May 30th (Memorial Day)
- World War II Memorial in the Heights | FREE – Pay your respects to Heights area soldiers who served in World War II at this patriotic memorial at Heights Boulevard and East 11th Street. All day event.
- Memorial Day Ceremony at Houston National Cemetery | FREE – Honor those who have served our country during this ceremony at the Houston National Cemetery. 9:30am.
- Memorial Day Lunch at Saint Arnold – Enjoy a lunch buffet complete with brats, chopped brisket, watermelon, and apple cobbler along with unlimited beer at Saint Arnold. Tickets are $20. 11am to 2pm.
For a complete list of events going on this weekend, visit the 365 Houston page!