Rodeo Events We’re Most Excited For
It’s that time of year again, y’all- It’s rodeo time! We’ve wrangled together a short list of some of our favorite events for you to consider corralling into your schedule, even if this ain’t your first rodeo…
- Ranching & Wildlife Expo– The Ranching & Wildlife Expo enhances educational programs that promote the conservation and co-existence of ranching and wildlife habitats.
- Rodeo History– Walk through Shell Show Pride! to learn about the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo’s many contributions to agriculture, education, entertainment and Western heritage throughout its more than 80 years.
- Kid’s Country– This kid-focused area offers fun for all. You can visit the petting zoo, check out the vendors, and ride the antique double carousel for a great view of the entire area.
- Rodeo Concerts– There are so many good performers this year, you’re bound to have a boot-scootin’ time.
- Rodeo Carnival– Catch a ride on the Western Hemisphere’s largest portable Ferris wheel, enjoy kiddie rides, or ride the 1,700-foot gondola Sky Ride across NRG Park and see the view from 58 feet up.
- Rodeo Food– Of course, we can’t forget the wide array of foods that are available at the rodeo! All types of food can be found, from traditional barbecue to fried confections to fine cuisine.