Rodeo Events We’re Most Excited For
It’s that time of year again, y’all- It’s rodeo time! We’ve wrangled together a short list of some of our favorite events for you to consider corralling into your schedule, even if this ain’t your first rodeo…
- Ranching & Wildlife Expo- The Ranching & Wildlife Expo enhances educational programs that promote the conservation and co-existence of ranching and wildlife habitats.
- Rodeo History- Walk through Shell Show Pride! to learn about the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo’s many contributions to agriculture, education, entertainment and Western heritage throughout its more than 80 years.
- Kid’s Country- This kid-focused area offers fun for all. You can visit the petting zoo, check out the vendors, and ride the antique double carousel for a great view of the entire area.
- Rodeo Concerts- There are so many good performers this year, you’re bound to have a boot-scootin’ time.
- Rodeo Carnival- Catch a ride on the Western Hemisphere’s largest portable Ferris wheel, enjoy kiddie rides, or ride the 1,700-foot gondola Sky Ride across NRG Park and see the view from 58 feet up.
- Rodeo Food- Of course, we can’t forget the wide array of foods that are available at the rodeo! All types of food can be found, from traditional barbecue to fried confections to fine cuisine.