Thanksgiving Activities in Houston
Amazing, Thanksgiving Activities in Houston!
Houston has so many wonderful events for the whole family and many of them kick-off the holiday season right around Thanksgiving. Whether you’re staying local and looking for something entertaining or you’re showing your family and friends around The Bayou City for the first-time, we have your complete guide to pre, day-of, and post-Thanksgiving fun!
- H-E-B Thanksgiving Day Parade—Thursday, November 28th, 2019! Join the fun at the 70th Annual H-E-B Thanksgiving Day Parade, taking place in downtown Houston!
- BakerRipley Houston Turkey Trot—Thursday, November 28, 2019! The BakerRIpley Houston Turkey Trot is an annual event that supports the mission of BakerRipley, a nonprofit that has served this region for 112 years. Participate in this fun, exciting race that helps build community, creat opportunities, and crush inequities.
- Uptown Holiday Lighting Event / Fireworks—The evening of November 28, 2019. An evening of family fun filled with festive decorations, music, and fireworks in the beautiful Uptown Houston District.
More holiday family fun:
- Ice at Discovery Green— Starting November 16 through January 27, you can skate every day at Discovery Green. Special events are held regularly as well. Admission is just $11 per person at the gate.
- Moody Gardens Ice Land & Festival of Lights— November 17 through January 6, you can get a load of eight special holiday attractions at Moody Gardens. Ice Land, Festival of Lights, Ice Skating, Train Rides, photos with Santa, and much more. If you’re looking to save a few bucks, Sundays are value days and you can save at least $5 per person! It’s a great place to see Christmas lights!
- Zoo Lights—Our favorite zoo gets dressed up for the holidays! Opening day is November 17th but you can expect huge crowds. Go after Prime Day but before the end of the exhibit for the best viewing. Tickets are separate from Zoo entry and start at $17.95. The exhibit runs through January 13.
- The Children’s Museum of Houston—There’s always seasonal and fun exhibits at The Children’s Museum of Houston! Serving 1 million children and families each year, the museum is home to holiday fun. Check-out their online calendar for seasonal updates!
May you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, filled with family, your favorite foods, and the making of many memories!